Qualification Process with
No Required Testing
This path is intended for members using previously qualified Bluetooth End Product or Subsystem product types without any design changes.
Scenarios that Use this Qualification Path
Use this path when you are:
- Using another member organization’s previously qualified Bluetooth End Products or Subsystems in your product with no changes or additions to the Bluetooth design.
- Purchasing a Bluetooth product manufactured by a third-party and distributing it with your organization’s name or logo (referred to as “white-labeling”).
- Creating combinations involving only previously qualified Bluetooth End Products or Subsystems and you make no design changes.
How Do I Qualify?
Use Launch Studio, The Bluetooth qualification tool, to list your design information and add associated products. Below you will find a list of the steps within the Qualification Process with No Required Testing path and what you will need to provide on each page:
1. Project Basics
- For Project Name, enter a name for your project.
- For Referenced Qualified Design, enter the Qualified Design IDs (QDID) for the design on which you are basing your project with no modification. Get this ID by searching Launch Studio or asking your supplier.
2. Product Declaration
- For Listing Date, enter the date you want your declaration listed in the Bluetooth Product Listing Database (no later than 90 days after the date you submit your project through Launch Studio).
- Details of your organization’s product(s) incorporating this Bluetooth design including:
- For Product Full Name, add the name.
- For Category, enter the category which best represents your product (choose the list of options).
- For Product Website, add the URL.
- For Publish Date, enter the date you want the following product information to be made available in the Bluetooth Product Listing Database (no later than 90 days after the date you submit your project through Launch Studio):
- Name/Product Number
- Subset ID (if applicable)
- Publish Date
- Product Description
- For Description, enter a description of the product.
- For Model Number, enter the model number of the product.
3. Declaration ID
- Purchase a Declaration ID
- Payment for purchase of a Declaration ID. Price depends on your organization’s membership level; you can pay by credit card or invoice. For more information, please see the fees page.
- For Available Declaration IDs section, select an available Declaration ID to attach to your project. If no Declaration IDs are available, please purchase a Declaration ID in the section above.
4. Review & Submit
- For the Project Status section, confirm that all Project Status items are marked as Complete.
- For the Project Details section, verify that all information is correct, including your organization’s contact information.
- For the Complete the Project and Submit Product(s) for Qualification section, read and select the checkboxes and enter a signature to complete the listing.