Profile Tuning Suite
Automate protocol and profile interoperability testing.
The Bluetooth® Profile Tuning Suite (PTS) is a powerful, software-based black-box testing tool that automates protocol and profile interoperability testing. Once you have used the Test Plan Generator (TPG) to produce a list of required test cases, use the PTS as your standard test platform.
Profile Tuning Suite (PTS) 7.0.0 includes updates from the TCRL 2016-2 maintenance release and support for the new Test Case naming convention. Workspaces using the old Test Case naming convention can easily be converted to work with this version. This release also includes the following maintenance and bug fixes:
- BR: HFP, MAP, CTN
- LE: CPS, AIOS, ESS, BCS, CSCP
- Protocol: SM, GATT, GAP, L2CAP
- Other: GUI
For all support questions, please submit a PTS ticket here.
The new Test Case naming convention will be applied to the following profiles in a future TCRL release:
- AVCTP, AVDTP, BIP, FTP, GAP, HDP, MCAP, SYNC
PTS is free for all registered SIG members but you will need to purchase a radio module to test the Bluetooth Core Specification v2.1, v3.0 and v4.0 standards.
The PTS offers these benefits:
- Improved interoperability of your Bluetooth products and rapid specification feedback for the SIG
- Faster, unbiased, higher-quality test results with viewing logs and simplified report-generation tools that facilitate easier test analysis
- Automated testing processes let novice users effectively and reliably test products, allowing senior staff to focus on strategic processes, saving time and money
- Reduced development costs when PTS is utilized throughout the development process and in conjunction with new specifications, enabling earlier identification of qualification challenges