Profile Tuning Suite
Automate protocol and profile interoperability testing.
The Bluetooth® Profile Tuning Suite (PTS) is a powerful, software-based black-box testing tool that automates protocol and profile interoperability testing. Once you have used the Test Plan Generator (TPG) to produce a list of required test cases, use the PTS as your standard test platform. After you test with PTS, attend an UnPlugFest event to test your Bluetooth products against other unreleased and unannounced products and prototypes coming soon.
Profile Tuning Suite (PTS) 7.1 fully supports the Bluetooth mesh networking, Fitness Machine Profile (FTMP), Fitness Machine Service (FTMS). It also includes updates from the TCRL 2017-1 maintenance release and support for the new test case naming convention. Workspaces using the old test case naming convention can easily be converted to work with this version. This release also includes the following maintenance and bug fixes:
New Features & Support:
- Mesh: MESH, MMDL
- LE: FTMP, FTMS
- Radio Module
Areas of Maintenance & Bug Fixes:
- BR: A2DP, AVDTP, AVRCP, BIP, BPP, CTN, FTP, HFP, HID, MAP, MPS, PAN, PBAP, VDP
- LE: AIOS, BCS, CPS, CSCP, CGMS, CPP, DUN, ESS, HPS, OTS, PLXP, PLXS, TIP, UDS
- Protocol: A2DP, GATT, L2CAP, GAP, RFCOMM
- TCRL 2017-1 Maintenance Release
- Profiles with Changed Test Case Name
- Other: PV
The new Test Case naming convention will be applied to the following profiles in a future TCRL release:
PTS is free for all registered SIG members but you will need to purchase a radio module to test the Bluetooth Core Specification v2.1, v3.0 and v4.0 standards.
The PTS offers these benefits:
- Improved interoperability of your Bluetooth products and rapid specification feedback for the SIG
- Faster, unbiased, higher-quality test results with viewing logs and simplified report-generation tools that facilitate easier test analysis
- Automated testing processes let novice users effectively and reliably test products, allowing senior staff to focus on strategic processes, saving time and money
- Reduced development costs when PTS is utilized throughout the development process and in conjunction with new specifications, enabling earlier identification of qualification challenges