Company identifiers are unique numbers assigned by the Bluetooth SIG to member companies requesting one.
Each Bluetooth SIG member assigned a Company Identifier may use the assigned value for any/all of the following:
- LMP_CompID (refer to the Bluetooth® Core Specification)
- Company Identifier Code used in Manufacturer Specific Data type used for EIR and Advertising Data Types (refer to CSSv1 or later)
- Company ID for vendor specific codecs (refer to Vol. 2, Part E, of the Bluetooth Core Specification, v4.1 or later)
- As the lower 16 bits of the Vendor ID for designating Vendor Specific A2DP Codecs (refer to the A2DP v1.3 or later
- VendorID Attribute in Device ID service record (when VendorIDSourceAttribute equals 0x0001, refer toDevice ID Profile)
- 802.11_PAL_Company_Identifier (refer to Bluetooth Core Specification v3.0 + HS or later)
- TCS Company ID (refer to Telephony Control Protocol [WITHDRAWN])
Each of the adopted specifications listed above can be found on the Adopted Specifications Page unless it is otherwise indicated as withdrawn.
Application & Assignment Process
Submit the following below to Bluetooth Support:
- Company information (legal name of company)
- Name of company's primary contact (name and email)
- A statement that your company is currently a Bluetooth SIG member in good standing*
Please allow five business days for your request to be fulfilled, and two business days from the time your request is fulfilled to view your Company Identifier on this page.
* “BLUETOOTH Member in Good Standing” shall mean any firm, corporation or other legal entity that has been admitted to membership in the BLUETOOTH SIG, whether a Promoter Member, Associate Member or Adopter Member, as defined in the organizational documents, that has fulfilled all of the requirements for membership, has paid and is current with payment of any and all membership fees, dues and assessments, and whose membership neither has been voluntarily or involuntarily suspended, terminated, or withdrawn from membership consistent with the lawful provisions of the organizational documents of the BLUETOOTH SIG.”
Please note: all other decimal and hexadecimal values are reserved.