16 Bit UUIDs For Members
This program for members allows the SIG to allocate a 16-bit Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) for use with a custom GATT-based service defined by the member.
UUIDs are used in Bluetooth® protocols and applications. The SIG provides UUIDs for all the types, services and profiles it defines. The UUID program will run until the available block of 512 UUIDs is fully allocated. A fee of $2,500 per UUID will be charged for each.
- There is no limit on the number of UUIDs for Associate and Promoter Members
- Adopter Members are permitted to apply for an allocation of a maximum of two UUIDs
- The 16-bit UUID allocation program is extended until the initial allocation of 512 UUIDs has been allocated, the Program will be evaluated again after this time
- Members applying for a UUID may amend their application details for a period of 180 days after the initial application is approved
- BLUETOOTH SIG MEMBERS SHALL USE THE NUMBER ASSIGNED TO YOU BY BLUETOOTH SIG ONCE THE PROCESS IS COMPLETED. DO NOT ASSUME A SPECIFIC NUMBER IS AVAILABLE.
- Submit the following via email to email@example.com
- Company name
- Company contact
- Company contact email address
- Company address
- Number of 16-bit UUIDs requested
- Maximum of two per Adopter member company
- For each UUID requested, provide:
- Custom service name
- Detailed custom service description that explains the purpose of the service while also describing at least one use case illustrating how the service may be used