This program is designed to improve the overall quality of the Bluetooth® specification portfolio by deprecating and withdrawing several older versions of the Bluetooth Core Specification and Core Specification Addenda (CSAs). The Qualification Upgrade Program (QUP) is a new program that helps members upgrade their eligible, existing qualification to the latest version of the Bluetooth specification. The program is currently available for Bluetooth Core Specification upgrades only. Members and existing qualifications are eligible to upgrade, and no fee is required, if the following criteria are met:
- You must be a Bluetooth SIG member in good standing
- The changes to the existing qualification (2.0 version or later and submitted on or after 1 February 2007) are only to implement the current requirements of the latest specification
- No features are added or removed
- Any tests that have been changed or added are completed
- The existing qualification has not previously been upgraded
- If the existing qualification integrates or references any QDIDs, those QDIDs must implement the latest version of the specification
The QUP is currently scheduled to be available on 30 April 2019. You can read more about the eligibility criteria and how to upgrade your existing qualification to the latest version of the Bluetooth Core Specification here.