Bluetooth® commercial lighting systems are deployed in offices, retail, healthcare, factories, and other facilities to deliver a combination of energy savings, an enhanced occupant experience, and more efficient building operations. As the demand for lighting control in commercial spaces increases, so too does the need for data-driven smart building services that bring benefits beyond illumination.
In addition to providing valuable energy efficiencies and a more comfortable and productive experience for occupants, Bluetooth commercial lighting systems can serve as a central nervous system for a building and enable more efficient operation of other building systems, including HVAC and security. These lighting infrastructures can also establish a platform that supports advanced building services, such as indoor navigation and asset tracking.
Bluetooth Commercial Lighting in the Real World
Here are some recent examples that showcase how Bluetooth® commercial lighting systems are driving energy savings, an enhanced occupant experience, and more efficient building operations in large-scale commercial spaces.
- Smart Lighting and Controls Halve Energy Consumption at Campus Pitzemburg: In this case study, Sylvania showcases how Campus Pitzemurg has cut its energy usage by 50 percent thanks to energy-efficient wireless LED luminaires. Read the case study.
- DALI Alliance White Paper – Sustainable, Smart, and Standardized: This white paper explains how an advanced lighting control system based on a global standard can help reduce energy usage and carbon footprint, as well as decrease the total cost of ownership. Read the white paper.
- Bringing Wireless Controls to the Epicentre of Connectivity: This case study by Silvair details the wireless lighting retrofit recently installed in the home office of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) and outlines the benefits it provides. Read the case study.
- Luminaire Level Lighting Controls and the Future of Healthy Buildings: This article outlines how luminaire level lighting controls can be used to improve health and efficiency. Read the article.
- Sylvania Lets Efficiency and Control Fly High at FLYINGGROUP Antwerp: In this case study, Sylvania highlights the real-world advantages of switching over to Bluetooth® enabled energy-efficient luminaires. Read the case study.
- North Bakersfield Toyota Case Study: This video case study showcases a retrofit project for indoor and outdoor lighting using Linmore LED Ultralink wireless lighting control solution supported by Silvair Bluetooth® enabled technology. Watch the video.
- Achieving Energy Savings of Over 90 percent With Smart Lighting Sensors and Bluetooth Mesh: In this case study, STEINEL outlines how they used Bluetooth Mesh to provide their clients with significant energy savings. Read the case study.
- The Digitalisation of Lighting – Burden or Opportunity? How Qualified Bluetooth® Mesh is Changing the Role of Lighting in the Intelligent Building: This presentation shows how qualified Bluetooth® Mesh-enabled lighting can deliver rich, insightful data from all over a building, opening new opportunities for building managers. Watch the video.
Check out more Bluetooth lighting control resources, and learn more about Bluetooth® Networked Lighting Control.