Bluetooth Asia 2018, in Shenzhen, China, brought together thousands of developers, executives, and start-ups to inspire, innovate, and educate. Featuring a buzzing exhibition floor, hands-on developer sessions, inspirational keynotes, and the latest Bluetooth® demos and products – from audio to industrial – Bluetooth Asia proved that Bluetooth technology is not just for consumer applications.
The event attracted an amazing turnout of visitors from around the world and was the largest Bluetooth Asia to date. Attendees had a chance to meet with global innovators and adopters, and learned firsthand how Bluetooth technology is expanding into new markets, including smart buildings and smart industry.
Bluetooth Asia proved that Bluetooth is not just for consumer applications.
Bluetooth Asia Highlights
In addition to experiencing product demos and developer sessions, this year’s Bluetooth® Asia participants had an opportunity to attend a number of forward-thinking keynote presentations, including:
- Bluetooth Low Energy for Smart Switches in Lighting Systems, presented by Philips Lighting Senior Specialist Feng Huang, gave insight into the evolution of smart lighting from IoT-based lighting and beyond, outlining how low-power Bluetooth technology connects smart lighting switches, transforms traditional lighting, and opens up new smart lighting opportunities
- Meet the New Blue: From Smart Phones to Smart Places, a comprehensive presentation delivered by Bluetooth SIG Executive Director Mark Powell, looked at how Bluetooth is not only a radio technology, but also a full-stack solution that meets specific connection needs
- Artificial Internet of Things: The Time of AIOT, presented by Alibaba AI Labs Smart Device Service Department General Manager Wang Zhi (Ru Yi), provided an overview of the IoT evolution – from the Internet of Things to the Intelligence of Things
- The Expanding Role of Bluetooth in Smart Buildings, a detailed presentation by Bluetooth SIG Senior Director of Business Strategy and Planning Chuck Sabin, looked at how Bluetooth technology can support indoor positioning and location-based services that provide localized information, help achieve indoor navigation, track critical assets, and optimize space utilization
- IoT-Driven Digital Transformation Enabled by Bluetooth, presented by Bosch (China) Investment Senior Project Manager Dr Huajun Yu, provided insight into future trends and outlooks for adopting Bluetooth technology, as well as how Bosch is using Bluetooth enabled solutions in different industrial domains
- Enabling Smart City Applications with Bluetooth, presented by Taipei Smart City Chief Officer Chenyu Lee, explained how Bluetooth smart city innovations are extending to applications in people’s everyday lives
- Bluetooth Mesh: A Look Inside for Developers, a detailed presentation by Bluetooth SIG Developer Relations Manager Kai Ren, explained how the addition of Bluetooth Mesh allows Bluetooth technology to usher in a true many-to-many model — opening new possibilities for smart buildings, smart cities, smart industries, and other emerging markets
Other engaging keynote sessions included in-depth presentations delivered by founders and engineers from CCSA, ARM, Hotone, Ximmerse, Wacom, Bestechnic, and many more.
Bluetooth® Asia 2018 exceeded all expectations, and we expect this year’s Bluetooth World to be just as impactful, if not more. Don’t miss this opportunity to join thousands of developers, startups, suppliers, and product manufacturers as we celebrate 20 years of Bluetooth.
To learn more about how Bluetooth technology is impacting future markets, and for insight into important trends and forecasts, download the 2018 Bluetooth Market Update.
The Auracast Experience Japan - Member Companies Expect to See Bluetooth Technology Leading Japan's Audio Market
Recently the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), in collaboration with several member companies, including…
Bluetooth Channel Sounding - A Step Towards 10-cm Ranging Accuracy for Secure Access, Digital Key, and Proximity Services
Through Channel Sounding, the distance between two Bluetooth Low Energy devices can be estimated more accurately than with existing techniques, down to 10cm accuracy.
A New Bluetooth Standard Improves Personal Health Device Interoperability for Better Remote Patient Monitoring
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) recently published a set of specifications that standardizes…
Unveiling Auracast™ Broadcast Audio – A Glimpse Into the Future of AudioAuracast™ ブロードキャスト オーディオが垣間見せるオーディオの未来
Last month, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), in collaboration with industry players like…