Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Program Overview
Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Application Process
An individual seeking recognition as a Bluetooth® Qualification Consultant must satisfy all program requirements, including passing an exam designed to evaluate proficiency with Bluetooth specifications (including test specifications) and the Bluetooth Qualification Program.
Bluetooth SIG has retired the Bluetooth Qualification Expert program, and use of the term “Bluetooth Qualification Expert” is not permitted. All qualified participants in the new program will be referred to as “Bluetooth Qualification Consultants,” and can only use the Bluetooth trademark to refer to themselves as a “Bluetooth Qualification Consultant” if they satisfy and comply with all program requirements.
If you have provided or plan on providing consulting services to our members, you could go here to learn more about the changes, and also go here to learn more about how a member is going to engage you for qualification-related services.
If you’re interested in becoming a Bluetooth Qualification Consultant, follow the application and recognition process below.
- Complete and submit a Bluetooth Qualification Consultant application form by clicking on the “Application Form” button at the bottom of this page. To submit your application form, you will be required to agree to the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Program Agreement; however, the agreement will not become effective unless Bluetooth SIG notifies you in writing that your application has been accepted.
- Bluetooth SIG will review your application, typically within two business days.
- If Bluetooth SIG accepts your application, you’ll receive a $600.00 invoice for the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant exam fee. You must pay the exam fee within 60 days after the date of the invoice. Payment is non-transferable and non-refundable, and allows you a 14-day period to take the exam after Bluetooth SIG provides you with the exam materials.
- Once payment is received, you’ll receive exam materials.
- If you satisfy all program requirements and pass the exam within 14 days, you’ll be recognized as a Bluetooth Qualification Consultant and added to Bluetooth SIG’s list of Bluetooth Qualification Consultants. Recognition as a Bluetooth Qualification Consultant will automatically expire after 12 months. If you fail the exam, you will need to reapply and take it again to be considered for the program.
- To maintain your recognition, you must re-apply to the program and satisfy all then current program requirements (including passing the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant exam again). If you do not want a gap in your period of recognition, you must complete the re-application process before your recognition expires. You may start the re-application process up to 60 days before your recognition expires.
You may withdraw from the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant program, but you must provide Bluetooth SIG 30 days’ prior written notice.
Revocation of Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Recognition
Bluetooth SIG may revoke a Bluetooth Qualification Consultant’s recognition in accordance with the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Program Agreement. Some of the situations when Bluetooth SIG may revoke include:
- Your breach of the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Program Agreement.
- To protect the interests of Bluetooth SIG or Bluetooth SIG Members, or to prevent harm or legal liability.
- The program is eliminated.
Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Program Agreement
The Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Program Agreement governs all participants. In the event of any conflict with information about the program posted on this or any other Bluetooth SIG webpage, the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant Program Agreement governs.
Interested in becoming a Bluetooth Qualification Consultant? Click the Application Form button to apply. Here is the study guide for the Bluetooth Qualification Consultant exam.