We are looking for a highly motivated, curious, and detail-oriented individual who quickly masters different technologies. The AR Accountant role owns the entire AR process and is the primary billing/remittance relationship person between Bluetooth and its members. In addition, this role works closely with staff of three internal departments: Membership, Qualification, and Enforcement. If you are a talented individual seeking to demonstrate excellence over the next 24-36 months and prepare yourself for the next step in your professional growth, this role may be an excellent match.
Skills and Requirements
- Technically adept – able to quickly master different technologies
- Intermediate Excel skills important (e.g. sumifs, countifs, match, simple IF statements, simple pivot tables, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of and experience with the AR process lifecycle
- Quickbooks experience useful (or ability to ramp and be proficient in < 2 weeks without formal training)
- Able to efficiently disposition ~500-600 transactions monthly
- Some accounting knowledge – chiefly transaction coding and a few simple reconciliations and JEs
- Highly organized – let’s say that again – highly organized (presumably with great time management)
- Ruthlessly accurate and precise
- Comfortable and skilled utilizing written communication while interacting with individuals for whom English is a second language (Bluetooth member companies span the globe)
- A willingness to get on a video conference to solve issues in the event written communications is not working (with individuals located around the world for whom English is a second language). Not frequent, but is possible.
- Innovator – not satisfied with the status quo. Always seeking improvements and better ways to doing things.
- You want to be a better professional than you are today and are willing to learn and work hard to do so.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the AR process
- Primary support for members needing AR assistance
- Cash application
- Member support regarding invoicing / billing issues
- Month-end close AR activities
- Assist/support annual financial audit
- Maintain/update AR process and procedure documentation
- Back-up other accounting staff team members (GL, AP, etc.)
- Process/technology improvements
- Special projects
- Assist Controller or VP of Finance as needed
The Bluetooth SIG, Inc. has an excellent benefits package including fully paid (including dependents) heath, prescription drug, short-term and long-term disability, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, and 401(k).