Associate Member Director
Join the Bluetooth SIG Board of Directors as an Associate Member Director
The application submission is currently closed. Please check back or become a member to receive notification when this application will become available again.
Associate Member Directors have the unique opportunity as a member of the Bluetooth SIG Board of Directors to guide Bluetooth® technology towards even more explosive growth in existing and new IoT markets.
Note from Toby Nixon, chairman of the Bluetooth SIG board of directors:
“This is an important time for the Bluetooth SIG. With over 3 Billion units shipped each year and soon over 30,000 members, Bluetooth technology has become the essential catalyst for the Internet of Things (IoT), the “go to” technology for product developers and a champion of human innovation.
That is why I want to encourage you, as an Associate member, to take a greater leadership role in shaping the future for this incredible technology, by joining the Board of the Bluetooth SIG as an Associate Member Director (AMD).”
AMD applicants must be a representative from an Associate member company or its affiliates. If you would like to become an Associate member, upgrade your membership.
Please note that Promoter members or Adopter members not affiliated with an Associate member are not eligible to apply.
The board is seeking passionate and knowledgeable industry leaders who can provide strategic and executive influence towards the growth of Bluetooth technology. This year they are looking for individuals with a background in industries like the connected car, smart home cities and buildings, and utilities.
Diversity is key and they would really like the board to be representative of all our members across multiple dimensions, such as gender, ethnicity, age and unique skillsets.
Successful candidates must have:
- Strong commitment to Bluetooth technology growth
- Demonstrated executive leadership and influence
- Established industry expertise
- Relevant board experience
- Ability to work on behalf of the Bluetooth SIG with independence, impartiality and confidentiality
- Time and support from his/her employer to fulfill director duties, including bi-monthly conference calls and four to five BoD face-to-face meetings each year
AMDs are appointed by unanimous approval of the Promoter directors of the board. An outline of the process is below:
- Bluetooth SIG accepts AMD applications
- Eligible applications are reviewed by the Promoter directors
- Promoter directors may conduct interviews (phone or in-person) with a selection of applicants
- Promoter directors vote on AMD selection
- Promoter directors announce AMD decision
Additional Information on the Board of Directors (BoD) & its Duties
The board manages the affairs of the Bluetooth SIG. The bylaws, section 6.6, charges the Directors with “the general management of the affairs, property and interest of the Corporation,” including responsibility for “the final adoption of all Bluetooth specifications” and oversight of “the final approval of the Bluetooth Qualification Program and the Bluetooth Testing Program.” Currently, the BoD consists of seven Promoter directors and three Associate directors. The board may have up to four AMDs at one time. Find out more in Bluetooth SIG Bylaws.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please submit a support request. Thank you and we look forward to receiving your response.