Billions of Bluetooth devices create a powerful network effect
The market reality of Bluetooth devices "everywhere" is what creates the Bluetooth Network Effect. The value of our members’ products increase when they are powered by Bluetooth technology, making them available to interoperate and connect with the vast Bluetooth ecosystem of billions of devices worldwide.
As more devices use Bluetooth technology, both the ecosystem and each device in it increases in value and usefulness, with ever increasing numbers of Bluetooth devices able to wirelessly connect. With 5 million new Bluetooth products shipping daily, this growing network is what separates Bluetooth technology from competing wireless technologies.
Fast facts about the number of Bluetooth products worldwide
- 906 million mobile phones sold in 2010, almost 100 percent with Bluetooth technology
- 171 million laptops shipped in 2010, including 77 percent with Bluetooth technology
- More than 50 million game consoles shipped in 2010, including 62 percent with Bluetooth technology
- More than 40 million Bluetooth enabled health and medical devices are already in the market in early 2011.
- One third of all new vehicles produced worldwide in 2011 will include Bluetooth technology, growing to 70 percent by 2016, according to Strategy Analytics.